NCAA Educational Foundation
The North Carolina Airports Association is pleased to announce the availability for scholarships for deserving students who either are or plan to enter an aviation field of study.Interested undergraduate and graduate college students should complete their application online available here. A copy of your official transcript, resume and cover letter should be uploaded with your completed application by midnight, February 23, 2020. If you prefer, the application with accompanying documents (download PDF) can be sent to: North Carolina Airports Association, Lisa Edwards, Association Business Manager, 66 Castellan Drive, Greer, SC 29650 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications must be received by midnight, February 23, 2020 to be considered for the 2020 Scholarship Award. The scholarship application can be accessed with this link. The scholarship winner will be recognized at the annual North Carolina Airports Association conference in April 2020. Up to two students may be chosen for a scholarship award.
- Amount and use of funds: The amount of the scholarship is up to $1,500.00. Up to two scholarships may be awarded. A check payable to the college and the student will be presented at the conference for use by the student for any expenses related to his/her needs in completing their degree for the upcoming summer or fall semesters once your tuition is paid. Prior to award, NCAA will verify that the student is still enrolled at the college listed on their application.
- Eligibility: The amount of the annual scholarship is up to $3,000. A check payable to the college listed on their application and the student will be presented at the conference for use by the student for any expenses related to his/her needs in completing their degree for the upcoming summer or fall semesters once your tuition is paid. Prior to award, NCAA will verify that the student is still enrolled at the college listed on their application.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States and must be a permanent resident of North Carolina.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a NC post high school two year or four year program leading to an associates or Bachelors degree in aviation related studies.
- Evaluation: Each applicant will be evaluated as described below:
- Academic record including grade point averages and courses taken.
- Activities and honors, work experience, leadership positions, and distinguishing qualifications.
- Career goals, clarity of ambitions, grammar, spelling, and neatness.
- Personal Interview. If requested by the review committee, a selection of applicants may be invited for an interview to be held in the Raleigh area or by teleconferencing. This interview will be a subjective evaluation of the applicant's attitude toward college and the transportation and/or engineering profession, the ability to communicate, and personal appearance.