NCAA Educational Foundation
Bruce Matthews Scholarship
The North Carolina Airports Association is pleased to announce a scholarship in the memory of Bruce Matthews who was a dedicated employee of the North Carolina Department of Transportation’s Division of Aviation. This scholarship recognizes his distinguished aviation career and his dedication to the students of North Carolina State University.
Interested undergraduate and graduate college students should complete their application and return the application along with a copy of your official NCSU transcript, resume and cover letter to: North Carolina Airports Association, Lisa Edwards, Association Business Manager, 66 Castellan Drive, Greer, SC 29650 Email: email@example.com
Note: Applications must be received by midnight, January 30, 2017 to be considered for the 2017 Scholarship Award. The scholarship application can be accessed with this link. The scholarship winner will be recognized at the annual North Carolina Airports Association conference in March 2017. Up to two students may be chosen for a scholarship award.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States and must be a permanent resident of North Carolina.
- The applicant must be enrolled at NC State in a program leading to a bachelor's degree in a transportation-related field, preferably in a civil engineering curriculum.
- Applicants may be:
- Undergraduates with at least one full semester remaining before graduation.
- Undergraduates who will enter NCSU graduate school in the fall of 2017.
- Graduate students with at least one semester remaining before graduation.
- The applicant is eligible to receive the award only one time.
- The applicant must submit a copy of his/her official NCSU transcript, a resume, and a cover letter.
- Amount and use of funds: The amount of the annual scholarship is up to $3,000. A check payable to NC State and the student will be presented at the conference for use by the student for any expenses related to his/her needs in completing their degree for the upcoming summer or fall semesters once your tuition is paid. Prior to award, NCAA will verify that the student is still enrolled at NCSU.
- Evaluation: Each applicant will be evaluated as described below:
- Academic record including grade point averages and courses taken.
- Activities and honors, work experience, leadership positions, and distinguishing qualifications.
- Career goals, clarity of ambitions, grammar, spelling, and neatness.
- Personal Interview. If requested by the review committee, a selection of applicants may be invited for an interview to be held in the Raleigh area. This interview will be a subjective evaluation of the applicant's attitude toward college and the transportation and/or engineering profession, the ability to communicate, and personal appearance.